Extending the functionality of NPSP to proactively allow creation of donor records on the fly or apply payments to an existing opportunity record.
- Client is a consulting firm dedicated to help organizations manage their business using cloud-based information technology.
- They have worked with many premier nonprofits and universities, including over 10% of the 200 largest US charities, major public and private universities in the US and Canada to implement Salesforce.com and Convio solutions.
- Client wanted to provide their customers the ability to enter multiple gifts from one single data screen to maximize efficiency. Batches can be defined in terms of size and amount and data entry validated against the batch.
- Once the batch is committed, donations records are automatically created for the entire batch. Additionally, the single data entry screen also had the feature to create donors, pledges, show open donations, and create recurring donations.
- Also, have the ability to assign default values to fields across the entire batch or on selected records to speed data entry. To simplify batch setup, have the ability to create new batches based on existing batches, retaining field layouts and attributes.
The implementation had the following features –
- Batch to record the number of entries, amount and the batch size
- Customize the batch entry screen by configuring the fields to be used and the layout
- Batch Entry Screen –
- Enter the value in the fields configured
- Search for Donor or create new
- View Open Donations/Configure Donations/Remove Open Donations
- Configure Soft Creditor
- Configure Products
- Enter Pledge Payments
- Configure Recurring Gift
- Payment related information
- Batch Commit,Cloning a Batch,Deleting a Batch
- Editing Donations after commit
- Completely customized solution built using Apex
- Plug and play components were built for reusability
- 100% Offshore Leverage
- On time delivery
- Helped stabilize the solution by providing support developers for UAT cycles by the client