A leading automotive dealership firm wished to extend the functionality of the CRM product by adding the SMS capabilities. Force.com was used as a platform to build a customized solution in lightning to combine client’s existing SMS product with the dealership product.
- The client is an India based service provider who endeavors to create innovative ideas and solutions within the Enterprise Mobile Communication niche.
- They have proven value across various industries: lead nurturing, loyalty programs, emergency alerts, event reminders, flash sales, price alerts, time-sensitive status updates, etc.
- They are passionate about offering customers a convenient way to reduce costs, increase operational efficiency and provide real-time support to global customers.
- An automotive dealership firm had a Cloud Computing Platform built on Salesforce.
- The Automotive Dealership System has all the features and functions needed to effectively run the dealerships day to day operations, without the cost,complexity or custom programming that would be expected.
- However they wished to extend the functionality of the CRM product by adding the SMS capabilities.
- Thus there was a need to prepare an extension package that would combine client’s existing SMS product with the dealership product.
- As a part of various use case implementation for sales, service and Marketing, a customized solution was built with the functionalities as :
Admin screen to input all the configurations required for sending the SMS using lightning components.
- Several processes were configured supporting the following use cases :
- Back-and-forth communication
- Sales appointment confirmations
- Schedule test drive notification
- Service appointment confirmations
- Vehicle ready notification
- Service reminders
- Sales promotions
- As per the pre-requisite for installation, a script was developed to create the configuration data.
- Metadata driven architecture.
- Plug-n-play code was implemented.
- Lightning components and lightning design systems used.