Why Moves Management Is So Critical For Non-Profits and How Can NPSP Play A Key Role
What Is Moves Management?
Moves Management is a term which is used mostly in Non-profits to manage the Donor experience.
It is a very vital process for Non-profits and plays a key role in fundraising.
As described by David Dunlop, creator of the system “The moves concept focuses major gift fundraising on changing people’s attitudes so they want to give. To do this, we take a series of initiatives or moves to develop each prospect’s awareness of, knowledge of, interest in, involvement with, and commitment to the institution and its mission.”
It is a process of cultivating a donor until you reach the stage of stewardship. Moves are nothing but actions that an organization can take to establish the relationship between donors, make them aware of the organization and the giving opportunity and build the interest for contributions.
Key Factors In Moves Management?
The cultivation process must be according to a plan or directed by some mission. The best thing about this process is that it focuses on the donor and not the donation amount. However, the ultimate goal for cultivation process is a pledge or a major gift.
Moves Management help to organize the process of reaching out to the donors, constantly engaging them and increase their awareness, interest and commitment to the cause.
Here are some of the key factors for a successful moves process
- Rating the Donors based on your interest and giving capacity
- Categorizing the Donors
- Specialized Plan for each category
- Assigning a Donor Officer
- Incorporation of Social Data to increase incorporation and Interests
- Monthly review of the plan
How Can NPSP Help In Moves Management?
Now the question, is there any application which can actually streamline the entire moves management process for you with very minimal effort and customization?
The answer is a Big Yes!!
Salesforce’s NPSP pack comes with a OOB feature exclusively for Moves Management. If you have the process all thought through, it can be configured in Salesforce with just few clicks.
You can plan all of your phone calls, emails, meetings, events, and follow up as tasks with reminders with Salesforce. Configure it once and let Salesforce do the rest.
Advantages of Salesforce NPSP
- Report on the progress and analyse the Donor Cultivation Process using Salesforce Reports and Dashboards
- NPSP comes inbuilt with number of reports and dashboard to analyze the Constituent Data, Relationships, Membership Renewal, Fundraising reports. Refer
- Additionally reports and dashboards can be easily be configured using the Drag and Drop tool for reporting available OOB.
- Apsona for Salesforce is also a great add on to NPSP for Reports.