Nonprofit organisation is more about cultivating and nurturing constituent relationship. Constituents are all people with some relationship to the organization – donors, funders, volunteers, clients and all other people who help an organization to achieve its mission.
With Technology playing a big role to connect people , having the right set of processes and supporting technologies to acquire, retain, and enhance constituent relationships is a must!
Running a Nonprofit is not an easy task and challenges faced by them are significant.
Some Top five problems that Nonprofits are facing are listed as below
- Complicated Donor Database
- Difficulty in maintaining Constituent information and Interactions
- Hours spent in comparing files, importing and exporting data from excel, Data Deduplication
- Donor information not accessed from everywhere
- Non availability of Centralized data
How will a good Constituent relationship management (CRM) help overcome the challenges faced by nonprofits?
- Ease in tracking every interaction within the organization
- Donor Relationship Management
- Streamlining the reporting, while linking donations coming in online with past donor behaviour, and identify opportunities for larger contributions down the line
- Higher campaign ROI and better lead management
- Capturing donor data centrally to report revenues quickly and accurately
- Non Profit Organisations could focus on enabling their employees, board members, and the constituents they serve to achieve more with technology.
And how can this be achieved using CRM across all the functions of nonprofit organisation?
|Salesforce CRM Solution Enablers||Business Benefits for NonProfits|
|Donor Management||Non-Profits can proactively cultivate relationships with new donors and stewarding current donors||Donor retention, engagement and investment maximized|
|Fundraising||Enabling gathering of voluntary contributions in the form of money or other resources. This can take the form of Grant , Matching Gift, In-Kind Gift , Pledge etc||Revenue generation|
|Volunteer Management||Working with and through volunteers to achieve and organisation’s objectives||Wider reach in terms of audiences and donors , Better community investment and endorsement|
|Event Management||Overall event planning, execution & management||Revenue generation & Brand awareness for NonProfits|
|Board Engagement||Enabling partnering for Fundraising and policy-making||Fundraising, Financial health of NonProfit ensured|
A golden rule which will help Nonprofit grow ten fold is “To aim at being Constituent centric organisation” . This can be achieved by using the right CRM and Salesforce CRM is the answer.
Salesforce follows the 1 – 1 – 1 Philanthropy model, Sales force dedicates 1% of equity, 1% of salesforce product and 1% of salesforce employees time to communities around the world.
To know further about nonprofits and crm, visit us at slideshare